Friday, October 28, 2011

Mixed Berry Sorbet

I finally got an ice cream maker!!After shopping around for one for almost a year, I decided to go with the cheaper model of Cuisinart since Cuisinart was recommended by David Lebovitz in his blog and it was around 70 dollars at Victoria Basement, I had to get it.


the beginning of the churning

The end result.The manual said about 20minutes. My sorbet was done in 15minutes, I reckon

What do I think of the ice cream? Amaziiiiing. Very affordable equipment but yet does the job efficiently.

Adapted from my ice cream maker's manual.

Ingredients:

1cup(250ml) water
1/2cup(110g) caster sugar
600g frozen mixed berries,thawed
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice

  1. Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan.
  2. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add frozen mixed berries and bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
  3. Place the mixed berries mixture in a food processor and puree until smooth, mix the lemon juice and chill overnight.
  4. Churn sorbet as directed in your ice cream maker manual booklet.
  5. Transfer mixture to an airtight container and freeze until firm.

No comments: