|Filled with custard filling inside.|
Adapted from Nasilemaklover
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes
3 large egg yolks
35g caster sugar (original amount-20g)
35g corn oil
60g fresh milk
70g cake flour
3 large egg whites
35g caster sugar (original amount-25g)
60g dairy whipping cream,chilled
30g caster sugar (original amount-10g)
2 teaspoon custard powder
Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven at 170 C.
- Beat yolk and sugar until very pale. (This may take a while. I used my stand mixer and the quantity was quite little for the bowl so it took me about 10 minutes to get to that consistency.)
- Add corn oil & milk,mix until combined.
- Add cake flour and mix at the lowest speed until combined.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually and continue to beat until soft-medium peak.
- Take 1/4 of the meringue and mix into the batter to loosen up the mixture.Add the cake batter into the remaining meringue mixture and fold until well combined with a spatula. Divide batter equally (making sure the cupcake liners are fill max 3/4 full) into cupcake liners. ( I got 10 cupcakes from the batter)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare filling while baking cupcakes. Place all custard filling ingredients in a bowl and whip until stiff. Place a clingwrap tightly (plastic touching the surface of the custard filling) over the custard filling and chill.
- Once cupcakes are cool completely, pipe filling into cupcakes. ( Pierce through the cupcakes with the nozzle and pipe.)
- Chill before serving.