500g stale brioche, cubed
150g caster sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon orange rind
1 tablespoon rum
9 large eggs
100g unsalted butter, melted
100g raising or chocolate chips
demerara sugar for sprinkling
- Grease 10" deep oven-proof bowl.
- Scatter brioche cubes & raisins/chocolate chips in layers.
- Prepare custard base by adding all the other ingredients except demerara sugar in large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the custard mixture in the oven proof bowl and make sure all the brioche cubes are soaked well in custard base. Allow to soak for 1/2 - 1 hour & preheat oven to 180 C.
- Sprinkle demerara sugar generously on the pudding before baking.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream.