Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mini plum crumble

The sweetness of the crumble and the tangy flavour of the plums is a match made in heaven combo.I never really liked sour things in my desserts because I always loved my desserts to be only sweet but ever since I made a couple of good sweet-tangy desserts,I have to admit I'm hooked! While grocery shopping the other day, I found these beautiful plums on sale 2 something dollars a kilo!Pretty cheap I would say. Back in Malaysia, I got my Australian plums for RM 9 for 500 g, that's like 6 dollars for a kilo.Three times more! This is a simple recipe I created. And it was delicious!Let's wait till mum comes home to give me the feedback she got from her colleagues at work. She took some for them!


6 ripe plums or any stone fruit you like
3/4 cup plain flour
75g cold butter,cubed
1/2 cup caster sugar
vanilla sugar for sprinkling on top
melted butter for lining muffin pan

  1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Brush 1-12 hole regular muffin pan generously with melted butter.
  2. Core the plums and cut them into small chunks. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel and place them in the refrigerator until needed.
  3. In a large bowl, butter, sugar and flour are rubbed together into a mixture that resembles 'oats' or like very coarse breadcrumbs. Chill it in the fridge for half hour before assembling the plum crumble for baking.
  4. Divide the plum chunks equally into the 12 hole muffin pan, before scattering the crumble mixture generously on top of the plums. Sprinkle vanilla sugar also generously on top the crumble.
  5. Bake for 30 -35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
  6. Carefully scoop the plum crumble from the muffin pan with a spoon. Serve warm with a dollop of double cream.

No comments: