I have made this cake before in October last year and also had a post on it but I realised it didn't look appealing. We always judge a book by its cover,well most of us.I know I do. Today I decided to follow the recipe exactly, word by word. It turned out good the other time as well but mum just got a new oven so I just wanted to be on the safer side.This is a very simple one bowl lemon yogurt cake!Delish~
Recipe from Donna Hay's book - Fast,Fresh, Simple. Barely adapted.
180ml vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lemon rind
2 tablespoon lemon juice, about two medium lemons
280g thick natural yogurt
400g caster sugar
300g self raising flour
For the lemon frosting
150 g caster sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 C/160 C - for fan forced/gas 4
- Place oil,eggs,rind,lemon juice,yogurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Sift over the flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8"/9" round baking pan and bake for 65 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. While cake is still hot remove from the tin and place on a plate.
- To make the lemon frosting, gently stir together the sugar and lemon juice. Spoon over the cake and allow to set.
- Serve warm. It's so good on it's own!