Ever since studying in Sydney and living my mother who is half Chinese,I have learnt how to make good stir fry noodles.I would have probably learnt making simple Chinese meals and noodles from the years living with her in Sydney. Her busy lifestyle only allowing her to whip up simple and quick meals like stir fry noodles,fried rice and soups. Well she does cook other pork dishes during the weekend but it would be a rare occasion and plus she hates cooking.
Anyway this recipe is no where near what her noodles taste like because I used fried chili paste to add the spiciness to the noodles but dad said it was good and my noodles are getting better.Something to thank mum,I suppose.
600g yellow noodles
6-8 cloves garlic,chopped
150g sawi,any green leafy vegetable,
3 large prawns,cut into two
5 large fish balls, sliced
3 medium size squids,sliced
1 medium deboned chicken thigh
2 fried bean curd, sliced into 6 (each bean curd)
2 handfuls of taugeh (bean sprouts)
5tablespoons fried chili paste, I used homemade (dry chilies,salt & bird's eye chilies)
150ml chicken stock, I used homemade (chicken + prawns)
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- To make the fried chili paste, heat a little bit of oil in a wok, then place chili paste in the wok and fry for about 5-10minutes until cooked.Remove from wok.
- With the same oil,fry gralic until fragrant. Place stems of the leafy vege, chicken, fish ball slices & squid slices in the wok.Cook until chicken,fish ball and squid are half cooked.Pour seasoning and give the ingredients a good stir before adding the chili paste & prawns.
- Gently place the noodles, carefully stir everything.Place the remaining ingredients like bean curd,bean sprouts & the remaining green leafy vegs into the wok and again carefully stir.
- Cover the noodles for about 5 minutes over low heat.Give the noodles a good stir to incorporate the remaining ingredients and making sure the prawns are cooked.
- Dish the noodles out and serve.