Monday, August 6, 2012

Blueberry Cream Cheese cupcakes

My boyfriend is over for the weekend since it's a long weekend this weekend, but unfortunately I have an interview tomorrow. So he's heading back to K.L with us. Every time he comes to Ipoh for the weekend, it's a baking spree for me! Because I know I have an extra mouth to feed!! 

Did I tell you he is a huge fan of blueberries?! And therefore, this weekend I was meant to make it an all berry weekend with blueberries and raspberries in my desserts (more berry recipes coming up! =)). Because I love raspberries and he on the other hand, loves blueberries. Although the prices of berries in Malaysia is exorbitant, a luxury in baking and desserts don't kill you! =P 

I had a different recipe in mind to make but my boyfriend preferred cupcakes to a blueberry pudding cake so I make these instead! No regrets but!! This is one amazing cupcake recipe with cream cheese frosting! If you love blueberry cheesecakes, you will definitely love this one! =)

Almost picture perfect to me!
I followed the recipe for the cupcakes from Pastry Affair (thank you Kristin Rosenau for the wonderful cupcakes recipe!)
I got  about 25 -2 1/2 oz cupcakes. The cupcakes didn't rise that high for me.

For the cream cheese frosting I made my own cream cheese frosting because I found the sugar content of the frosting given with the cupcakes a little too sweet to my liking.So here's my recipe:

230g cream cheese, slightly softened
100g icing sugar, sifted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g unsalted butter, room temperature

  1. Beat cream cheese for 3-5minutes until fluffy and smooth.
  2. Add icing sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat for 4-5 minutes.
  3. Gradually add butter and beat until smooth.
  4. Fill the cream cheese frosting in a piping bag and frost cupcakes.








Sniff sniff!!sucha greedy dog! 
Spoils the fat dog by feeding her a whole cupcake! sigh..


No comments: