Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Boysenberries Friand

I know it's been ages since I updated my blog! I have been so busy with assignments and last weekend I went for my first ever diving lesson. It was scary because the water was freezing and inhaling and exhaling only through your mouth was something so unusual. I have been baking over the few weeks that I have been missing but they didn't look pretty to blog about but they were delicious no doubt. I will try to make them again when I am back in Malaysia in June and blog about it. At the moment I am tied down with uni work that I have no time for anything including blogging. It's my final semester and I can't wait to graduate! Anyway yesterday I went over to my aunt's place to do some baking because I don't have a stand mixer here at mum's place. Macarons has been on my bake list since I bought the Mastrad macaron sheets from Victoria Basement for only $ 17! That's a steal! I bought both sizes, the regular small ridges one and the larger size ones suitable for Isphan macarons.Will blog about them and the other things I bought from VB and Kitchenware Direct.com

Taken from Bisous et Toi but slightly adapted.

6 egg whites
155g unsalted butter, melted
2tbsp milk, I used double cream
180g almond meal
240g home-made vanilla icing sugar,sifted ( original recipe is 240 g icing sugar + 1 tsp vanilla extract)
75g self raising flour
12-15 frozen boysenberries or whatever berries you prefer. If small berries you will need more.
almonds for sprinkling on top
vanilla dusting sugar for topping

  1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease friand moulds generously with butter.
  2. Place egg whites in mixing bowl and whisk until frothy. Add cream/milk, melted butter, extract if using, sifted vanilla icing sugar, almond meal and flour, mix until combined. Scoop batter into individual pan until the mould is filled 3/4 full, top with berries then sprinkle with almond flakes generously.
  3. Bake for 12-15 mins, remove from oven, let it cool before removing from the moulds carefully.

  4. Dust with dusting sugar before serving.




No comments: