Monday, March 25, 2013

Chocolate Fondant Cupcakes & Lychee Rose Cupcakes

I know I have abandoned my blog for ages already but I have been really busy with work, assessments and going out with colleagues/friends. Haven't had the time to sit down and update my blog.I used to go back to Ipoh every weekends but I got tired of it. I only bake when I am in Ipoh so that means I don't bake as often as I used to. I have started baking in KL as well but it's normally very quick and not so pretty to blog about. I will re-make them again and update my blog with recipes.


I met a bunch of amazing people at work and made really good friends. Training ends next month, which means we will part our ways again to our respective banks. Sad but reality is such. I hope we remain the awesome bunch who parties non stop whether it's a weekday or weekend.

FSTEP has been a memorable one because of  em' girls. We are all proud Maybankers.:) Missing one is Miss Komathe.
Lucky Roshan
They have definitely been an amaziiiiiiing bunch of colleagues cum friends! <3  Missing out is Miss Tanusha & Komathe. 


A lot has been going. Emotionally, I must admit but it will stop soon enough, well in a month exactly, I don't want it to end but sometimes reality is the painful truth of life. I like the idea of crushes & love but I know I am not ready for a commitment yet. It scares me when people ask such questions and make me feel like I have no responsibility or whatever. Then again, maybe one day, they should walk in my shoes and see life as I see it.

Ok enough of emoness.. Back to my recipes..

Chocolate Fondant cupcakes - Hummingbird Bakery recipe (adapted)

Cupcakes:
80g unsalted butter
280g caster sugar
200g plain flour
40g dutch processed cocoa powder, sifted
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 large eggs
240ml whole milk ( I used 1/2 cup cream + 1/2 cup whole milk)
100g chocolate ganache

Filling & frosting (chocolate ganache) :
450g dark chocolate, small pieces
450g whipping cream
100g unsalted butter , cubed


  1. To make ganache: Place chocolate and butter in a bowl. In a saucepan, simmer cream over low medium heat until it begins to bubble at the sides. Pour over chocolate and butter. Allow to sit for a minute or two before mixing it with a whisk. Whisk until chocolate and butter are fully melted and incorporated with the cream. Cling wrap the ganache, make sure the plastic is touching the surface of the chocolate ganache. Allow to cool at room temperature before making putting it in the fridge. Make at least 4 hours before.
  2. To make cupcakes: Preheat over to 180 C.Line a 24 hole mini cupcake pan with cupcake liner.
  3. Cream butter and sugar until very pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing them well after each addition.
  4. Fold in the dry ingredients until combined.Don't overmix the batter.
  5. Fold in the milk gently and finally the chocolate ganache.
  6. Fill the paper liners until 2/3 full.
  7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
  8. Remove from pan immediately and allow to cool completely.
  9. Core cupcakes with a knife or apple corer and fill with ganache & place the cake piece back on and frost cupcakes with ganache. 
  10. If ganache starts melting, place the frosted cupcakes back in the fridge for 15minutes or until ganache firms up.


Lychee Rose Cupcakes - My copyright recipe


Cupcakes:
100g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
3 eggs, separated
100g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon milk/cream
10 whole pieces of canned lychee

Rose Butter icing:
150g unsalted butter
200g sifted icing sugar
1-2 drops rose essence/extract



  1. To make cupcakes: Preheat over to 180 C.Line a 24 hole mini cupcake pan with cupcake liner.
  2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract until very pale and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing them well after each addition.
  3. Fold in the dry ingredients until combined.Don't overmix the batter.
  4. Fold in the milk gently.
  5. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until medium peaks, fold in gently until incorporated.
  6. Divide the batter equally into the prepared pan ( 2/3 full) and place half a lychee in the middle and bake for 15-20 minutes until a cake tested inserted comes out clean.
  7. Remove from pan immediately and allow to cool completely
  8. To make rose flavoured icing: Whip butter until very light and fluffy. Add icing sugar and continue whisking. Add rose flavouring and continue to whisk until combined. Frost cupcakes.



1 comment:

ClaudineImelda said...

Me love you. And your cuppie cakes:):) don't worry, Starbucks after work From next Month onwards .xx